POLE GOALS

08:37

I've accomplished a fair amount in my past few lessons. I got my Pole Splits & Shoulder Mount ( see previous blog entry for those two!)
And most recently my Extended Flexi Embrace [though it's not THAT flexi yet.. It will be in time though ;)], Figurehead and some new handstand variations.





I'm going to use this blog as a tool to help track my achievement's and to set myself attainable goals with realistic time-scales.

Leg Flexibilty
I'm quite lucky in the sense that I seem to be quite naturally flexible. I currently have my splits on my right side pretty much down, I don't need to be warmed up too much to get straight down to the floor - which is great! However, I'm going to focus on my left side and my middle splits. I'm not too far off on my middle splits, but my left side is terrible - so it's definitely a focus area!
Time scale? I'd say 1 year of regular stretching!

Back & Shoulder Flexibility
My back is pretty much rigid. It likes being straight and that's how it plans to stay for the foreseeable future. I have had a little bit of a breakthrough when I discovered I can do this...
 

But I still think it's probably on par with my leg flexibility, where realistically I'm going to need at-least a year of regular stretching! It's my upper back and shoulders that seem to be the real problem. I constantly have tight, sore shoulders and really struggle with my posture due to sitting at a desk all day on a wobbly chair (I definitely need to book myself in for a massage!).
Time-scale? 1 year of regular stretching!


MOVES I WANT TO NAIL

Extended skater

Will try this next lesson, no promises though...

Cocoon
This may take a while, and will obviously benefit from increased back flexibility. As I'm being a realist, and I don't want to push my luck too much I'm going to say around 2-3 months

Stag/Ballerina
I would LOVE to get this move. I just think it's so pretty and looks really impressive. I'm setting a realistic target of 6 months to give me chance to improve my back flexibility and gain more strength in my dominant arm. It will be a verrrry good day when I get this move!

That's all for now, hopefully I'll stick to it!

NOON-xo



You Might Also Like

2 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images