My Pole Goals Revisited

06:01

If I'm honest, I've not had the opportunity to pole anywhere near as much as I would have liked to this year. With a hefty amount of studying, alongside a demanding job, pole was (sadly) put on the back burner. However, now that the Summer is here I'm taking full advantage of my extra time to fit in some much needed pole and stretching!

Coming up to a year ago I made myself a little list of certain moves and areas I wanted to target. Top of that list was back flexibility. I gave myself a task of 1 year of regular stretching and hoped to track my improvements, due to an incredibly busy year I wasn't able to focus on this as much as I would have liked.
This is were I'm currently at with my back and shoulders:



As I didn't put the time in, I don't really see any real difference with where I was last year. I don't seem to take to back stretches easily, I find them very uncomfortable and don't see many gains. I will continue with light stretches but I just don't see this as something that's attainable to me.

 Leg Flexibility
I started off the year with a consistent right legged front split, and I still have it! I'm making serious progression with my middle split, (although I'm still about 3cm off the floor) and my left legged front split is still a way off, but I've definitely evened them out a bit more. I have approximately 5cm on a good day and 10cm on a bad day until I get my bum on the floor - regular stretching is going to be the key with this one!





 My no hands cupid! It was really hard trying to stop my bottom leg sliding down the pole, my legs ached from being so tense but I now have it consistently - Hoping to try Allegra Box Splits next!



Poling out and about 
Here are some recent snaps poling in a club while on holiday in Portugal, I even roped my boyfriend in to try out some moves! Also snapped a few moves on my local beach with my pole buddy :)


Bulging biceps!
My flag with no wind! It was so hot and sticky that my hands kept sliding down the pole, nice...




 Here's to my Summer of pole!


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images