One year in...

07:21

It's been a year since I took my first tentative fireman spin round a pole, I remember it so clearly - I could barely hold myself up! I can't actually believe it's been a whole year!

This is the first ever picture of me taken on the pole. I remember feeling incredibly proud when my friend showed me the photo. I'd never actually seen how I looked on the pole, the mirrors in the studio I went to were placed quite awkwardly and I was always too embarrassed to record myself and actually SEE what I looked like. That's all changed now :)


Around 8 months into my pole adventure I hit a plateau. I was in a rut. The studio where I had previously attended classes had moved out of the area, I was working A LOT of additional hours across the North West and most of the girl's I'd gone to class with had lost interest. I didn't pole for 2-3 months. I focused on Pilates, stretching [ AA dvds ;) ], yoga and even considered buying a hula hoop! Although enjoyable, not one of these activities substituted the feeling I got from pole dancing. I feel so confident and powerful whenever I get a new move, I become more aware of my body and subtle movements and I love watching in awe at dancers more advanced than me and just thinking ' wow...!'.
I was absolutely ecstatic when I was introduced to my current teacher by a friend. She has been poling for around 5 years and is the most advanced dancer I've ever seen. She's in a whole different league when compared to the previous teacher's at my old studio. In the past 2 months I've seen a HUGE jump in my ability. 


I got my pole splits in ONE lesson, she only had to show my once and *click* I got it!


Shouldermount - Got it in one aswell!

I'm completely besotted with pole again and I can't wait to see what I can achieve in the next year! <3

NOON-xo

You Might Also Like

2 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images