Freestyle - Tips, tricks and Inspiration!

07:27

I had a great pole session on Monday, a whole 2 hours of spinning, flexing, climbing and floating up, down and around the pole.
I don't have any new moves to show for it, but I have definitely rekindled my love for 'dancing' around the pole as opposed to be able to just pull out signature moves without linking them together. I've never really done any work with freestyle or routines, the pole classes I've been to have always been aimed towards getting particular moves  and never really linking them together to create the dance element. As a warm up, we were asked to do a quick 2 minute freestyle... my mind went blank..

Those 2 minutes were the longest 2 minutes of my life! Right there and then I made a little pact with myself to practice trying to link my moves together and allow them to flow into a routine. I understand this will take a lot of practice and I am limited by the fact I do not have my own pole to practice at home, so in order for me to actually make this work I will (fingers crossed!) be purchasing my own pole!
My friend ( and instructor, handy!) will be popping round with her pole and hopefully we will find a suitable home for my very own X-pole in my little one bedroomed flat! Exciting stuff!

No longer will I watch a video on YouTube or daydream an epic pole combo in my head and have to wait a whole week to see if I can get it, or as usually happens, forget about it! Any tips or ticks you can give me with regards to increasing confidence and feeling more comfortable with freestyling, please, send them this way!





In the meantime, I'll just have to keep watching those YouTube videos! Here's not one but two I'm currently LOVING! Feeling very inspired!







You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images